Thursday, November 6, 2008

My future - my legacy

I have not yet entered my middle adulthood years yet, but when all is said and done in my life, I hope to have created a legacy in my life. I want to be an example of Erikson's generativity theory. I hope that my vocational legacy involves the work I have chosen to do with children with disabilities. I know that I have a God-given gift of helping children with disabilities, and my dream is to one day return to that field as an administrator. I hope that when I reach my late adulthood years, I will be able to look back upon my middle adulthood years with successful eyes. I want to be able to smile when I think of all the students and families who I have helped and touched. As for my physical goals in middle adulthood, I think I'm going to be alright with my saggy, stretched skin, but my eyesight is so important to me. I can already see a decline in my eyesight, and I'm only 28. The thought of having to wear glasses in order to read really makes my anxiety levels climb.

No comments: