Thursday, October 30, 2008

the majorette crowd


When I was in high school, I was a majorette in the band. I feel like the majorette line was a crowd which I belonged to. In that crowd, I also belonged to a clique within the crowd. As I think back, my junior year on the twirling line was very tense. The senior girls were extremely hateful and dictating. There was one day after practice when the senior members held a meeting and chewed us up one side and down the other because they claimed we all had bad attitudes. As the truth came out, there was only two other members who they were referring to, but we all had to listen to the chewing. These particlar leaders were ostracized by the entire group. They thought that since they had the power, they could take advantage of the underclassmen. This experience helped me to be a better leader my senior year. I always tried to remain positive and boost morale. Looking back, I am saddened to think that I am the one who felt like I was on pins and needles the entire year, but I am glad that I was a good leader the following year.













No comments: